Thanks to being “Freshly Pressed” by WordPress, my blog basically BLEW UP all day yesterday. By this I mean my old record for daily page views (274, the first day of Indie Week) was surpassed before I even woke up fully. In fact before noon the total was around 1000. By the end of the day I happily had a total of 1824 page views for the day. 1,117 of these were for the post that was Freshly Pressed, my latest Aged Pages post. Along with the views came many people “liking” the post and many new followers. What I’m very happy with is the amount of comments I got. That is the best part of writing my posts. I like the interaction I have with my readers. It lets me know what they like, what they don’t, and lets me know they actually read the post 😉 So in the end with this popularity boost (which I really do hope sticks around a little bit because this ONE day somewhat overshadows my entire Indie Week event…not in how much I enjoyed it but in blog response) my blog went from a total of somewhere in the 8,000s for blog views all the way to 10,000!!!! That’s a huge milestone and I’d like to give back finally. I would like to hold a giveaway for everyone. I don’t have much money to spend on books at the moment, but I do have a Gift Card on Amazon that I plan to stretch out over the next few months in order to get some great upcoming releases. I will be sacrificing some of that gift card to the winner of this fun giveaway.
So the giveaway, that’s what you came here for. It’ll be for any TWO Kindle books from the list below. These are some of the books I’ve read and reviews here on the site. They are some of my favorites, as well. I think that’s the best gift I can give you. I loved them, maybe you will as well. I think there’s enough variety where the winner will be able to find two that they haven’t bought already…and if there aren’t two on the list I might be able to work with him/her to find something great and in the same price range.
Would you like to know the books now? Yes, I’ m sure you do 🙂
Prizes to Choose From
- The Forever Girl by Rebecca Hamilton – Amazon
- Her Sweetest Downfall by Rebecca Hamilton – Amazon
- The Grimoire: Lichgates by S.M. Boyce – Amazon
- The Sin Collector by Jessica Fortunato – Amazon
- The Sin Collector: Thomas by Jessica Fortunato – Amazon
- Wishing For Someday Soon by Tiffany King – Amazon
- Forever Changed by Tiffany King – Amazon
- Mirrors of Anguish by R.P. Kraul – Amazon
- With You In Spirit by Miranda Stork – Amazon
- Playing With Fire by Miranda Stork – Amazon
- An Ill Wind by Miranda Stork – Amazon
- The Portrait of Alatiel Salazar by Steven Katriel – Amazon
- The 13th Doorway by D.J. Shaw – Amazon
- Caged: Memoirs of a Cage-Fighting Poet by Cameron Conaway – Amazon
- Alien Invasion of the Zombie Apocalypse by Ford Forkum – Amazon
- Tuned In To Love by Karen Jerabek – Amazon
- Gilded Cage by Alexandra Richland – Amazon
- In The Land of the Blind by Robert Swartwood – Amazon
- Little Bernie’s Map by Troy Aaron Ratliff – Amazon
- The Uninvited Guest by Troy Aaron Ratliff – Amazon
- Just Past The Trees by Troy Aaron Ratliff – Amazon
As an added bonus I’d like to make you all aware of a few books that I’ve reviewed/have still to review that are FREE (as of the time of this post). This way even if you don’t win, you all still get the chance to grab a book or two 😀
- Meant To Be by Tiffany King – Amazon Smashwords
- Darkhouse by Karina Hale – Amazon Smashwords B&N
- The Benson by Karina Hale – Amazon Smashwords B&N
- The Imaginary Friend by Kelly Hashway – Amazon Smashwords B&N
- Real Lies by Liana Brooks – Amazon Smashwords B&N
- High Bridge by Troy Aaron Ratliff – Smashwords B&N
- Going Down by Troy Aaron Ratliff – Smashwords B&N
OK, so that took a bit to set up….wait, you’re reading this after it’s posted. I guess you don’t need to know how long it took to put all those links in haha. Well click the titles of the books to see my reviews if you’d like. It could help you decide what books you’d like to win if any. Grab those freebies too. I’m sure there are more I can list, but well I’m getting lazy now.
NOW….how to enter. It’s simple. I don’t care if you follow me, or tweet this, or Facebook post it, or write it in the sky even (though I may pick anyone who does that as a winner no matter what 😉 ).
- All I ask is that you come here to the post and leave a comment.
- Tell me what you like about the blog or what you don’t like. What you’d like to see more of or less. Do you want to be a guest doing a guest post or be a guest on either Aged Pages or Authors We Love? Please tell me in a comment, I’m always open for more guests!
- Please to enter just leave a comment pertaining to something along those lines and you’re in the running.
- The giveaway is open from the time this posts until Saturday August 25th at 11:59 PM.
- Then after that I’ll wake up in the morning and choose a RANDOM winner from the comments.
- Please remember the prizes will be gifted through AMAZON only. If you can’t read Kindle books, I’m sorry. Funds just don’t allow me to go through B&N or somewhere else at this time.
- If you’re commenting and don’t want/can’t enter, please mention that. I still want to hear from you all 🙂
- OH, and be sure to leave your email so I can contact the winner.
- I think when you comment there is a place for it, so you might not need to leave it IN the comment itself….but I know some people comment by using their Twitter or other social media accounts. If that’s the case, please leave an email to contact you with in the comment itself, or it won’t count.
- To restate once again. The winner will choose TWO of the KINDLE books listed above (not the free ones obviously) as his/her prize.
- This giveaway is open for international winners as I’ve been told I can give Kindle books to people in other countries. I’ve never done that before, but we’ll see what happens 🙂
WINNER RANDOMLY CHOSEN……..and that winner is……S.M. BOYCE!!!!!!! (I finally get to give HER a prize instead of winning so much from her.)
What were her choices? None other than The 13th Doorway by D.J. Shaw and Wishing For Someday Soon by Tiffany King. Both are great books and I hope Boyce enjoys them. I hope you all had fun with the giveaway and maybe you found a book you’d like to check out. Thank you all for being part of this 🙂